Churches Together in High Wycombe Town Centre
The Aims of Churches Together in High Wycombe Town Centre are to enable its members to:
- Respond to the needs of society and witness to the Gospel together;
- Explore Christian faith, develop relationships, encourage worship, pray and reflect together, while sharing with one another the treasure of different traditions.
- Actively support local ecumenical initiatives.
Currently Member Churches are:
- St Augustine’s Roman Catholic Church
- Trinity United Reformed Church
- All Saints Church of England
- Salvation Army
- Church of God of worldwide Mission
- Union Baptist Church
- Wesley Methodist Church
Membership is open to any participating church in Churches Together in England located in High Wycombe Town Centre, which acknowledges God’s revelation in Christ, confesses the Lord Jesus Christ as God and Saviour, according to the scriptures and in obedience to God’s will and in the power of the Holy Spirit commits themselves to:
- Seeking a deepening of their communion with Christ and and with one another in the Church and
- Fulfilling their mission to proclaim the Gospel by common witness and service in the world to the glory of God.
The Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) has assumed the status of Observer
- Easter and Christmas Outreach (songs, prayer and refreshments)
- Outreach Town Centre Barbecue, held in the All Saints grounds
- Ecumenical Lent Groups in various church members’ houses
- United Service for the week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- Other ad hoc, one off events
- Participation in the Wycombe Homeless Connection night-shelter project
Churches Together in High Wycombe Town Centre is affiliated to and sponsored by Churches Together in Buckinghamshire, which is itself affiliated to Churches Together in England and has links with other Churches Together groups in High Wycombe and surrounding areas.